Why Career Guidance?
Have you ever wondered what it really takes to find the profession that suits you? Can someone with poor communication skills work as a public relations officer? Is it possible for someone who tends to make decisions based on emotion to become a banker? Is it possible for someone who places more emphasis on having more free time to make the same decisions as someone who prioritizes financial rewards or social recognition? Choosing the right career is a difficult and demanding process, as the person and the profession he or she chooses must be paralleled on several levels. In this light, supporting the individual in this process through appropriate means and services becomes necessary and imperative.
ISON, with 30+ years of experience in Career Guidance, is distinguished for the effectiveness of its services due to its specialized scientific expertise in measuring human behavior, combined with an extensive experience and deep understanding of the modern business environment. This expertise includes, among others, the exclusive use of psychometric tests weighted to the Greek population. With the these psychometric tools the most comprehensive Vocational Orientation Test in Greece has been developed: the e-mellon. This innovative test is an array of psychometric tools that measure the personality, abilities, and interests of the candidates, while, when necessary, the corresponding values and motivation test is also administered. View all of our tests with one click.
See the tests used in the e-mellon program
The results of the PTQ personality test help the examinees to obtain an objective picture of their personality traits, and to link them directly to specific educational fields and professional categories. As a result, they can, with greater confidence, choose between professions that are in line with their personality traits in order to pursue educational and professional paths that are in line with their identity and offer them opportunities to fulfil their full potential.
PTQ is based on Carl Jung's "Theory of Psychological Types", which argues that individuals perceive the world through four fundamental psychological functions – sensation, intuition, emotion, and thought. The specific functions are more or less dominant in each person, and are expressed differently depending on their degree of extraversion and introversion.
The PTQ tool describes each person's attitude towards the following areas:
The tests are used extensively to help people gain a greater understanding of their potential in order to increase their self-awareness, and to facilitate their career planning and decision-making.
This exam includes 10 short Aptitude tests and helps students discover their innate talents. Each of these Competencies is necessary for performance in a variety of professional activities.
The CAB array measures:
The presentation of the results is based on two categorizations:
The realistic-practical type includes people who prefer realistic and practical occupations and activities, use tangible things such as power, money and social class, usually lack abilities to handle subtle human relationships, consider themselves technically oriented, avoid activities in the social and educational field, and generally prefer positive, technical and mechanical professional directions.
The research-intellectual type includes people who possess observational, symbolic, or organizational abilities and avoid social activities. Such individuals usually choose scientific and mathematical professional directions.
The business type includes those who tend to exploit others to obtain goods. They turn, mainly, towards leadership positions in organizations or businesses, and consider themselves active, talkative, social, and popular. They seek political influences and seek recognition and evolution by all means.
The social type includes people who abhor systematic activities or those that require the manual use of machines, materials and tools. On the contrary, they prefer areas related to social or educational activities.
The artistic type includes those individuals who lean towards free, unplanned, non-aligned, aesthetic activities in general, which lead to creative and original results. Language, music, drama, writing, and art in general are some of the activities preferred by people of this type.
The organizational-conventional type includes people who love order, the systematic keeping of things, such as records or materials, and abhor free, dubious and generally unsystematic activities. People of this type prefer mainly clerical professions.
Categorization based on 24 professional categories:
- EDUCATIONAL PROFESSIONS
- SOCIAL PROFESSIONS
- HEALTH PROFESSIONS
- PROFESSIONS OF POLITICAL & LEGAL SCIENCES
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- CHEMISTRY & BIOLOGY PROFESSIONS
- PROFESSIONS OF MATHEMATICS & NATURAL SCIENCES
- BEAUTY PROFESSIONS
- MARITIME PROFESSIONS
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROFESSIONS
- ARMED FORCES & SECURITY PROFESSIONS
- OFFICE ORGANIZATION PROFESSIONS
- ECONOMIC PROFESSIONS
- IT PROFESSIONS
- MANUAL PROFESSIONS
- ARTISTIC & ENTERTAINMENT PROFESSIONS
- SPORTS PROFESSIONS
- VISUAL & APPLIED ARTS
- COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONS
- PROFESSIONS OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH - MARKETING
- ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONS
- CONSTRUCTION & STRUCTURAL PROFESSIONS
- ENGINEERING PROFESSIONS
- TOURISM PROFESSIONS
The history of the KEP
She has many pioneering activities in the field of Career Counselling and Professional Guidance:
- In 1996 he initiated the use of psychometric tools for Career Counseling in all the continuing education programs implemented by the Ministry of Education (GGLE) throughout Greece.
- In 1997 he was selected as a Greek partner of OIPartners, the then largest consortium of Career Counselors in the world.
- In 1998 he convened the European Conference of Career Counsellors in Greece, where he launched for the first time in Greece the Outplacement Services in the presence of the then President of the GSEE, the then President of EVEA and the political leadership of the Ministry of Labour.
- In 1999 he wrote for the Pedagogical Institute the first Occupational Guide with 400 occupational monographs.
- In 2000 he wrote the first occupational monographs for the OAED.
- In 2001 he undertook the national evaluation of the European Leonardo da Vinci programme for the training-employment link.
- In 2002 he undertook the PHOENIX programme for the training of Intercultural Counsellors with trainers from Italy and the Netherlands.
- In 2003 it provided personalised services to all students of multicultural schools in Athens.
- In 2004 it evaluated the activity of the Liaison Office of the University of Piraeus and Democritus University, and launched cooperation with the Liaison Offices of the Aristotle University and the TEI of Athens, Thessaloniki and Florina.
- In 2005 he completes the writing of the first monographs of professions for the National Centre for Vocational Guidance.
- In the period 2006-2008 its staff members participate in the elaboration of the studies carried out by the Institute of Vocational Guidance and Career Development for the formulation of the Ministry of Education's policy on Vocational Guidance.
- Since 2007 until today it participates in a number of European projects on the fight against unemployment and the development of Career Counsellors on a pan-European level.
ISON also has partnerships with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the European Association of Management.
Read about Career Guidance
A SERVICE FOR EVERYONE!
The e-mellon™ Career Guidance program takes you out of the impasse and gives you the certainty that you are getting substantial support where you need it. Gain confidence and certainty so that you can move forward on the path of studies and professional life with confidence.
With the services of ISON's Career Guidance Center, you will be equipped with the tools to make the right decisions both now and in the future, in the uncertain work landscape of tomorrow.
The programs are individual, for young people from 14 years old. If the young person is a minor, the parents participate and take an active part in the final discussion with the specialized Career Scientific Advisor.
At the end of the program, a Detailed Results Report is delivered with all the conclusions and proposals for studies and professions.
How are the results presented?
The European dimension of ISON Psychometrica Vocational Guidance
1st State Award for Vocational Guidance!
The innovative educational serious game that excited the students at the Arsakeio of Patras and was presented at the conference of Elefsyp - Hellenic Society of Counselling and Guidance, was awarded the first prize in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which gives special importance to the careful planning of the career of the new generation.
ISON, with partners from five other European countries, designed and implemented the C-Game, which was awarded in the framework of the Erasmus+ of the European Commission.
Guide for the Certification of Qualifications of Vocational Guidance Counsellors
The pioneering project IMPROVE is an international project that aims to create a Certification Guide for Informal Training of Vocational Guidance Counsellors in accordance with the European Directives described by CEDEFOP.
ISON, with partners from other European countries, designed and implemented IMPROVE within the framework of the Erasmus+ of the European Commission.
What they said about us!
Our son was indifferent to school, with no dreams for his future. Through the Counseling process and the tests he completed he discovered that there are areas of interest to him and found the motivation he did not have to read more
We live in the province and due to distance we did the Career Guidance Program via Skype. I could not imagine that Distance Counseling would have such immediacy and would be such an essential help for my daughter to choose the studies that suit her
Although my daughter was already settled in choosing a direction at school, Vocational Guidance confirmed to us with scientific documentation the inclinations she has and she felt more confident in herself and more ready to achieve her goal
Both I and my children are excited by the Career Guidance process. The counselor was excellent and really helped my children discover what they want to do in their lives. It was better than we could have imagined
Thank you very much for the way you embraced my child and helped him discover the potential of himself but also the choices on which he did not dare to place hope, perhaps because they seemed to him too high goals
Exclusively at ISON
It was with great pleasure that we were informed of our honorary distinction as a Key Innovator by the European Commission.
The EU Innovation Radar caught the pioneering use of artificial intelligence and serious games (gamification) methodology to capture professional abilities regardless of gender, age, nationality, etc.
Those who are in the professional arena learn with us the appropriate method to progress andgain self-knowledge and self-confidence in order to achieve the professional position they deserve.
Call us at 2106420001 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call the 2106420001 or email the email@example.com to book the face-to-face or online Career Guidance program.